Circular Economy Model | Circular Economy | ASUS ESG website, ASUS ESG goal
Circular Economy Concept
The circular economy model helps reduce the excessive waste of resources and environmental pollution and supports an environmentally friendly business model.
ASUS use the four following procedures to support the five business models proposed by the international consulting firm Accenture: Circular Supply chain, Product Life Extension, Products as a Service (PaaS), sharing Platform, and Recovery and Recycling. We incorporated the circular economy strategy into our basic economic framework.
Product Life Cycle Assessment
While creating product value, ASUS also pay attention to the impact of product life cycle on the environment. Through the different stages of raw material, such as extraction, manufacturing, transportation, use, disposal, etc., in accordance with the ISO 14040 and 14044 life cycle assessment (LCA) standards, ASUS has quantified the possible environmental impact, and at the same time identified the emission hotspots in the product life cycle, and continued to target and ensure the product carbon footprints have been tracked and decremented.
Raw Material inventory and statistics
- Transport path
- Amount of environmentally friendly materials Used
- Total raw material usage
- Carbon emission data of each material
Manufacture process Data inventory
- Water consumption
- Energy used
- Waste generation
- Amount of sewage
Transportation Data inventory
- Mode of transport
- Transport path/distance
- Distribution load
Power Data inventory
- Power coefficient of Sales Country
- Power consumption of products
Waste Data inventory
- WEEE product waste recyclable ratio after dismantling, computer conversion ratio, and landfill ratio after incineration
- The distance from the sales recycling service locations to the cooperative recycling processor, as well as the method of transportation and dismantling.